Before deciding to be a volunteer, let's make one understanding that volunteering means volunteery work based on your own will to make impact for something goods. Volunteers work hard and do not get paid. Volunteers handle their private time management and do their best to help. Being volunteer at Animal Friends Jogja require commitment and self-awareness. We advice you to discuss the decision to become our volunteer with family, friends and(or) your closest person first. Keep in mind; when you are applying as a volunteer, it means that you are agree to take responsibilities to help Animal Friends Jogja (AFJ) activities, both in real world and internet, without getting paid and will reduce your 'party' time.
But don't worry, by becoming one of our volunteers, you will also get so much benefits for your self development. You will find a new more compassionate way in your life, that will lead you to socialize better and more peace. You can learn how to reduce, recycle, and reuse a lot of things. You can get new friends, both two-legged and four-legged friends. Also you have the opportunities to change some things around you by lesson learned during volunteering activities.
"To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind."
Here are some Volunteer's Task and Activities at Animal Friends Jogja:
- Feed and water animals
- Dog Walking
- Bathe animals
- Help intensive care for some animals
- Create enrichment equipment / toys for animals
- Clean animal areas / cages
- Gather information / data about adopted animals
- Find temporary homes for candidate animals
- Introduce, deliver and carry out home visit follow-ups with new adopters and animals
- Assistance for Education and Neuter Program
- Documenting AFJ activities or events
- General administration duties such as writing/mailing letters; receiving phone calls, text messages, and office visitors; stocktaking; creating/filling office displays, etc
- Join radio program / talk shows to talk about AFJ
- Research / write articles to be translated about animal welfare issues
If you are interested to become one of our dedicated volunteers, please REGISTER by filling the form available at the volunteer registration page. Please read our guidelines about how to become AFJ volunteer below.
How to Join as a Volunteer at Animal Friends Jogja ?
- If you want to be a volunteer, please understand that Animal Friends Jogja provides three waves per year to become our volunteers. Our volunteering program is usually divided into these periods: January to April, May to August, and September to December. The next wave will be on May 2017 s.d July 2017
- Please check your schedule and read volunteer tasks/activities above, if you sure you can handle your time and do volunteering for Animal Friends Jogja during May 2017 s.d July 2017, please REGISTER yourself by filling volunteer form available here.
After you successfully submitted your application, please wait for Call/SMS/Email from our volunteer coordinator. We will invite you to do interview. Please wait because this may take some time before you get called (Usually we'll call one week after the registration closed).
Please bring your copy of national ID Card/Driver License/Passport when you come to interview.
- If you passed the interview, you need to sign this Volunteer Agreement Letter (will be provided during the interview)
- After you completed all the tasks above, you will participate on the volunteering program and lead by senior volunteer. During this time, there is one time fee Rp 50.000,00. This cost will be used for the orientation program.